www.EquallyPlaced.com (“the Website”) is a job site operated by Equally Placed Ltd.
If you register on the Website as a recruiter or course provider and provide us with personal data, we will process such personal data on the basis that it is necessary to do so in order to perform the contract you enter into with us.
Registration with and use of the Website for work seekers and those looking to purchase courses or receive career advice is free. We will process your personal data on the basis set out below as it is in our legitimate interests to do so following your registration.
Code of Conduct
While using the Site or Site-related services, you agree not to do any of the following without our prior written authorisation:
- Post any inaccurate, untimely, stale, incomplete or misleading information.
- Post any employment opportunity or requirements that are inaccurate or not available with a verifiable company that is directly represented by your office.
- Key code (by overuse of a skill set, term or definition within a job posting, profile, resume or otherwise in an effort to gain priority placement of a posting), copy other job postings as your own, post the same position multiple times on the Site or post multiple positions within one posting.
- Allow job postings or employment requirements to remain posted on the Site for more than 24 hours after they are no longer viable or valid. To the extent that a position is placed on “hold” or is otherwise not available for immediate placement, the posting must be removed from the Site until such time as the position is a viable opening.
- Place any contact information within a job posting that is different from or in addition to contact information provided when subscribing to the Equally Placed service.
- Post any employment opportunity that does not contain a company URL, e-mail address or “apply online” application.
- Place any content within the job details of a job posting that directs EquallyPlaced job seekers to apply directly via an email address or any other method that circumvents the Equally Placed “Apply” link.
- Allow advertisements to remain posted on the Site after they are no longer available or valid.
- Post personal websites, including without limitation resume sites, to the Equally Placed Company Directory.
- Resell or make available to any person not expressly licensed by Equally Placed, whether via phone, fax, e-mail, mail or any other medium, any of the EquallyPlaced services or any information obtained therefrom, including without limitation the resumes or candidate information.
- Share passwords, login information or named user identification or otherwise allow multiple offices or users to access the Equally Placed service on a basis that is other than what was originally subscribed for. A named user is defined as one unique individual user with one unique password. An office is defined as a location where a named user routinely accesses or uses the Equally Placed service under express license from Equally Placed.
- Use any search engine, software, tool, electronic storage or retrieval device, agent or other device or mechanism, including without limitation browsers, spiders, robots, avatars or intelligent agents (collectively “Devices”) that is not approved by Equally Placed to navigate, search or store information from the Site. Approved Devices include those made available by Equally Placed on the Site, or other generally available third party web browsers, e.g., Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Microsoft Internet Explorer, or generally available search engines, such as, Google or Bing.
- Engage in spamming, flooding, soliciting or mass marketing via e-mail, direct mail, telephone, or otherwise to EquallyPlaced users.
- Express or imply that any statements you make are endorsed by us.
- Impersonate any person or entity, including, without limitation, an Equally Placed employee or agent, a user of Equally Placed’s services, including a candidate, placement specialist or an employer, or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity.
- Respond to a job listing, or any other posting, on behalf of anyone other than yourself.
- Delete or revise any material posted by any other person or entity.
- Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Site and services, including, without limitation, by means of “hacking” or defacing any portion of the Site.
- Post or transmit (a) any incomplete, false or inaccurate biographical information or information that is not your own accurate resume (i.e., the resume of a living individual seeking employment on a full-time or part-time basis on his or her own behalf); (b) any content or information that is unlawful, fraudulent, threatening, abusive, libellous, defamatory, obscene or otherwise objectionable or harmful, or that infringes on our or any third party’s intellectual property or other rights; (c) any advertisements, solicitations, chain letters, pyramid schemes, investment opportunities, or other unsolicited commercial communication; (d) any information or software that contains a virus, worm, Trojan horse or other harmful or disruptive component; (e) any trade secret of any third party; or (f) any material, non-public information about companies without the authorization to do so.
- Post or transmit any job or advertisement or any other posting that does not comply with applicable law including but not limited to laws relating to equal employment opportunity and employment eligibility verification; including post or transmit any job advertisement or posting that requires a visa as a condition of employment, or that requires citizenship or lawful permanent residence in a country as a condition of employment, except when necessary to comply with law, regulation, executive order, or government contract.
- Use the Site for any unlawful commercial, research or information gathering purposes.
- Communicate, send, or place unsolicited e-mail, telephone calls, mailings or other contacts to posting individuals and entities.
- Modify, adapt, sublicense, translate, sell, reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble any portion of the Site.
- Remove any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notices contained in the Site.
- “Frame” or “mirror” any part of the Site.
- Use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application, or other manual or automatic device or process to retrieve, index, “data mine,” or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Site or its contents.
- Print out or otherwise copy or use any personally identifiable information about candidates for purposes other than consideration of the candidates for potential employment by your company.
- Equally Placed assumes no responsibility or liability for any personnel selected by your company. Selection, retention or hire of any individual or entity is based solely on your company’s investigation, verification and determination that such hire is suitable for your company’s purposes.
- Your company agrees to and will hold the Company harmless from any claims, damages or losses incurred by your company or any other party as a result of your use of the EquallyPlaced system.
- You agree to comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations in connection with your use of the Site and Site-related services.
- The Company has no obligation to monitor the Site or Site-related services, including any forum, or any materials that you or other third parties transmit or post on to the Site. However, you acknowledge and agree that the Company has the right (but not the obligation) to monitor the Site and Site-related services, including any forum, and the materials you transmit or post, to alter or remove any such materials (including, without limitation, any posting to the Site), and to disclose such materials and the circumstances surrounding their transmission to any third party in order to operate the Site properly, to protect itself, its sponsors, its registered users and visitors, and to comply with legal obligations or governmental requests. The Company reserves the right to refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, that it deems in its sole discretion to be unacceptable, offensive or in violation of this Agreement. The Company also reserves the right to prohibit any user who, in the Company’s sole discretion, violates the Code of Conduct or other terms of this Agreement from using the Site and related services. Such prohibition may occur without notice to the user.
Processing of Personal Data
Company will make available to corporate clients to which it provides services (“Clients”) information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (“Personal Data”). With respect to such Personal Data, Company and its Clients shall both be regarded as Data Controllers. With respect to Processing of Personal Data covered by the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) or any other law regarding the collection, use, disclosure, or security of Personal Data (“Data Protection Laws and Regulations”), Client shall have the obligations set forth in this section. All capitalized terms not otherwise defined in these Terms and Conditions shall have the same meaning as provided by GDPR.
- Client shall treat Personal Data as confidential information.
- Processing of Personal Data shall solely be done in accordance with this Agreement.
- Client shall comply with all obligations of a Data Controller under the GDPR and any other Data Protection Law and Regulation with respect to its Processing of Personal Data. Client shall ensure that there is a valid, lawful basis for all Processing of Personal Data that Client undertakes or directs to be undertaken on its behalf, and that it has obtained all necessary consents or authorizations under GDPR or any other Data Protection Law and Regulation for its Processing. Client shall ensure that Client is entitled to access the relevant Personal Data and can lawfully use, Process, and transfer Personal Data in accordance with these Terms and Data Protection Law and Regulations.
- In the event Client engages Sub-processors, Client shall implement written contracts to ensure compliance with all obligations mandated by Data Protection Laws and Regulations associated with the Personal Data they are Processing. Client shall only engage Sub-processors capable of Processing Personal Data in compliance with Data Protection Laws and Regulations, including GDPR. Client shall be liable for the acts and omissions of its Sub-processors to the same extent Client would be liable if performing the Processing of each Sub-processor directly.
- Upon notice, Client shall stop and remediate any unauthorised Processing.
- Client shall comply with any requests by Data Subjects to exercise their individual rights under GDPR or any other data protection law, including rights to access, correct, amend, block, restrict, or delete their Personal Data, as required by Data Protection Laws and Regulations.
- Client shall, to the extent legally permitted, promptly notify Company if it receives a request from a Data Subject for exercise of an individual right under GDPR or any other law, including rights for access to, or correction, amendment, blocking, restriction, or deletion of that person’s Personal Data, that may impact Company’s Processing of the Personal Data. Client shall fully address that person’s request unless it is not possible to do so without assistance from Company. In any such case, Client shall provide commercially reasonable cooperation and assistance to Company in relation to handling of a Data Subject’s request.
- Client shall ensure that its personnel engaged in the Processing of Personal Data are informed of the confidential nature of the Personal Data, have received appropriate training on their responsibilities, and are under an appropriate obligation of confidentiality (whether contractual or statutory). Client shall take commercially reasonable steps to ensure the reliability of any personnel engaged in the Processing of Personal Data.
- Client shall implement and maintain administrative, physical, and technical safeguards to ensure protection of the security, confidentiality, and integrity of Personal Data, as provided by Data Protection Laws and Regulations, including GDPR. Client’s security measures must be designed to protect Personal Data from and against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, or unauthorised disclosure or access.
Client shall regularly monitor compliance with its safeguards. Client will not take any action or engage in any practice that in any way decreases the overall security of Company or its Services.
- Taking into account the nature of Processing and the information available to Client, Client shall assist Company, to the extent necessary or appropriate, with Company’s obligations pursuant to Art. 32 – 36 GDPR, in particular with respect to the security of the Processing, data protection impact assessments, and consultation with Supervisory Authorities.
- The Client shall immediately notify Company if it is subject to any investigation by a Supervisory Authority, and if it becomes subject to any control procedures or measures imposed by a Supervisory Authority pursuant to the GDPR or other Data Protection Law and Regulation. This shall also apply to the extent that a competent authority conducts investigations at Client pursuant to the GDPR or other Data Protection Law and Regulation.
- If Client transfers Personal Data to a third country or international organization, Client shall make such transfer only in accordance with GDPR and Data Protection Law and Regulations and agrees to disclose or publish information on the appropriate or suitable safeguards that have been used to make such transfers to the third country to the extent required under the GDPR or other Data Protection Law and Regulation to inform the Data Subject.
- Client shall maintain security incident management policies and procedures and shall, to the extent permitted by law, promptly notify Company of any actual or reasonably suspected accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure, of, or access to Personal Data, Processed by Client or its Processors of which Client becomes aware (a “Security Breach”) without undue delay and in any event within 24 hours. Client shall make reasonable efforts to identify and remediate the cause of such Security Breach. Client shall be solely responsible to notify Supervisory Authorities and Data Subjects of any Security Breach and pay all costs associated with the same.
What Information do we collect about you?
We collect personal data about you when you register with the Website. We do so in order to provide you with the recruitment services that are available through the Website. The personal data that we collect includes your name, email address and telephone number. If you are a work seeker we will also ask for details of the kind of work you are looking for and your preferred work location. If you decide to upload a CV, cover letter, personal statement or other similar document or information we will keep that information for as long you want to keep your account with the Website.
- If you choose to take any assessments available through the Website we will also maintain a record of your responses to and results of those assessments.
- If you register for career advice we only require your email address.
- What do we do with your personal data?
By registering with the Website it is understood that work seekers are actively soliciting contact from prospective employers and recruiters about opportunities which match the work seekers’ fields of interest. If you are a work seeker we will therefore make your personal data available to recruiters and employers who use the Website to find suitable employees for specific roles that they are seeking to fill.
- Although the primary purpose of the Website is to allow work seekers, prospective employers and recruiters to find each other, work seekers have the ability to control the extent to which your personal data is shared with other recruiters and prospective employers through the contact preferences section of the “your account” section on the Website.
- For work seekers, we will use your personal data to provide you with the recruitment services that we provide, to manage your account and to email you about recruitment services which, for work seekers, includes job alerts and emails about courses that are relevant to your fields of interest.
- If you register for career advice we will only communicate with you to provide career advice, access to career advice and in connection with related services.
In the event that you register on the Website as a work seeker we will only send you information which relates to our recruitment services unless you specifically opt in to receiving marketing material about other products and services through the contact preferences section of your account. You have the right to opt out of receiving such marketing information at any time.
In the event that you register on the Website solely for career advice, we will only send you information related to career advice and and on how to access our other services if you want to make use of that advice.
If you consent to receive marketing material using your contact preferences you may change your mind at any time.
Data Sharing and Transfers
Save where it is necessary to do so in order to provide you with the Website’s recruitment services, we do not share your personal data with third parties.
Your personal data is stored on our servers which are in the European Economic Area. If we share your personal data with any third party service provider in the course of providing you with our services, those third parties are required to process your data in accordance with contracts which comply with data protection legislation.
Access to your information and correction
We want to make sure that your information is accurate and up-to-date and will delete or amend any information that you think is inaccurate. Should you wish to delete your account please contact us via the online form. Amendments to your account can be made online by signing in to your account or by contacting us.
We aim to provide you with useful work-related services for the whole of your career. However, you have the right to close your account at any time and have us delete all of your personal information unless we are in the process of responding to any complaint that you make.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log and visitor behaviour information. This information is used to track visitor use of the Website, to compile statistical reports on Website activity and to help us make recommendations that are relevant to you.
We also use third party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit the Website. Those companies may use information about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide you with advertisements about other goods and services that may be of interest to you.
If you would like more information about this practice, including how to prevent it, please visit www.aboutcookies.org, www.allaboutcookies.org or optout.networkadvertising.org
More information about all of the cookies on the Website is available on our cookies page.
How to contact us
by email DPO@EquallyPlaced.com
Write to us at Data Protection Officer, Equally Placed Limited, 4 Ellermire Drive, Cockermouth, Cumbria, CA13 9XD.
How do you remove your name from the database?
You can contact us to request for your account to be closed at any time, which will be confirmed by EP.
How do you unsubscribe from future mailings?
If you have a EquallyPlaced.com jobseeker account, you can stop receiving emails by updating your contact preferences.
How can you obtain information held about you?
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information please email us at DPO@EquallyPlaced.com.
Equally Placed Ltd
4 Ellermire Drive
Company Number 12804700. Registered in the UK.